> In the above example, I have noticed that the "ukar" symbol of
> Devnagari is not being rendered so ????? is being seen as ???.
> There is also a problem with rendering of "half letters" (sorry, i do
> not know the linguistic term for it). Here is an example of what I
> mean:
>
> echo "computer"|apertium en-ne
> ??????
> In the above example the word ?computer? should have given ?????????

I get ????????? -- the problem is with your terminal not rendering the
combining characters, not with Apertium. gnome-terminal is known to
have issues with Devanagari, is that what you're using?

Well, I guessed so. I am using the terminal "Konsole" under KDE 4.6
(Kubunutu 11.04). Is there a way to work around this problem?

--
<Sefam> Are any of the mentors around?
<jimregan> yes, they're the ones trolling you

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay

End of Apertium-stuff Digest, Vol 49, Issue 4

Aishraj Dahal
Bachelor's of Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
National Institute of Technology Warangal
India