2012/3/28 Jacob Nordfalk <jacob.nordf...@gmail.com>

> What!?
>

> 2012/3/28 Jimmy O'Regan <jore...@gmail.com>
>
>> On 28 March 2012 11:33, Jacob Nordfalk <jacob.nordf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Overall, make sure that your port can be published in Apples store.
>> >

>> The short answer is, it can't be.
>>
>> The long answer is, it would require every major contributor of every
>> component that would be distributed to agree to a set of exceptions to
>> the GPL. Not just the engine, each translator.
>>

>> http://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement
>>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/no-gpl-apps-for-apples-app-store/8046

OK

I just can't believe what I'm reading....

Apple's terms effectively disallows GPL software and they are actively
excluding GPL from their store.

But if Apertium never, ever, can be a part of ane app for iPhone
distributed thru the only distribution channed that Apple allows, then I
can't think of any reason at all for using any time at all on this platform
for GSoC.

Can someone please make me change my mind and tell I'm dreaming.

--
Jacob Nordfalk <https://plus.google.com/114820443085046080944>
http://javabog.dk