2012/7/8 Per Tunedal <per.tune...@operamail.com>

> Well, I mixed it up even more: I actually thought of Apertium-tolk. I
> want a simple interface without all the information in Apertium-viewer.

Hey, to me it smells very much like the 'very simple example client
application for the desktop' that Mikel will do...  is actually a java
version of http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Apertium-tolk   :-)

>   as an OmegaT user I cannot but agree. In vain I have tried to
>   install Apertium Server to call it from OmegaT. An easy way to
>   use translations from Apertium in OmegaT would be welcome.

Thank you for your feedback!!
As technicians and programmers we very often overlook the problems that
non-programmers can run into.
There is way too little of you, our users, that posts about their problems
on the list.

> There is a great interest in an offline solution because professional
> translators translate confidential texts, that cannot be sent to e.g.
> Google Translate. Some have managed to set up a local server running
> Apertium. Some kind of plug-in would be a much more appropriate
> solution.

Aaah... got it.

Would those professional translators actually pay for the work involved in
providing easy to install offline solutions ?   ;-)

That would give some extra long-term possibilies. For example to look at
those pairs that cannot run in pure Java but depend on external stuff.

To be technical (sorry): Apart from the Java solutions we are working on
now I could imagine that we could do a virtual Linux machine (started from
VirtualBox) with all language pairs and apertium services etc correctly
installed which you could use locally.

Jacob

PS: Thanks Jimmy for some great replies.

--
Jacob Nordfalk <http://profiles.google.com/jacob.nordfalk>
javabog.dk