Fran,

> I'd like to include the possibility for lists in the LRX format. This
> would involve adding a couple of new tags,
That should not be a problem as long as the old format works in the new
definition
> and changing the root tag,
You would have to give a good reason for it.
> the idea is to have something like:
>
> http://pastebin.com/GGzfM5qc
OK. I would have appreciated comments in the .lrx file...

> Calling a <list> would just involve putting it's contents in the rule.
> So with <or> it would work like an OR, but without, it would work like a
> sequence.
I don't like this at all. This is very opaque. I would not use the tag
<list>. If it is a set from where you choose, call it <set> or
<option>... if it is a <sequence> define it as a sequence. But don't
overload something called a <list> that really isn't.

Another option would be to have a named macro that can contain anything
that a rule can contain. Then you would use <or> for lists, etc. But

Hope this helps.

Mikel

> Any thoughts ?
>
> Fran

Mikel L. Forcada (http://www.dlsi.ua.es/~mlf/)
Departament de Llenguatges i Sistemes InformĂ tics
Universitat d'Alacant
E-03071 Alacant, Spain
Phone: +34 96 590 9776
Fax: +34 96 590 9326