Jonas Fromseier Mortensen
<lst...@alumni.ku.dk> writes:

>     Supporting nn→da as well should present only minor additions,
>     mostly to
>     your make system. You'd have two modes generated, nn→da and nb→da,
>     which
>     would share everything that comes _after_ bidix (ie. structural
>     transfer
>     and da generation). On the nn/nb side of the pipeline, you could
>     probably snatch the monodixes, prob files and CG's from
>     apertium-nn-nb
>     without changes.
>
>     The only remaining thing is bidix. Here I would keep one master
>     bidix
>     from no (nn+nb) to da, which is processed by an XSLT script into
>     two
>     different bidixes before compilation. Most entries would be the
>     same,
>     but some would be marked nn-only or nb-only. This kind of thing
>     happens
>     in a lot of apertium pairs, and should be no trouble to set up.
>

> Hi Kevin
> Thanks for the advice! It sounds very doable the way you put it. What
> do you think would be the best way to go about it? make a set of
> transfer rules for nb-da first, cg for the same and then work on
> adding nn support after? I'm sure there's lots of quirks and idiomatic
> expressions that my nb-da t1x wouldn't catch with nn as sl.

You'll find lots of nn-typical syntax in nb text and the other way
around, so I'm actually pretty confident one t1x would cover both. You
could of course initially focus your testing on nb.

CG for both nn and nb should be copied from apertium-nn-nb, so no need
to start something new there.

A CG for da would be great, but would only be useful for the other
direction. It could probably be based on the nb CG, deleting stuff that
doesn't work before adding new stuff (actually, I would first run a big
corpus through the CG with --trace and delete any unused rules, to make
it easier to deal with). But if you work on no→da first, the da CG would
not be useful yet.

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C