Hello,

I am writing to bring to your attention some inconsistencies I have found in
some pages about cross dix.

It's the first time that I do cross dics, so I followed the examples I found on
the wiki platform, and thanks also to the error messages I got from the
program, I could spot two kind of inconsistencies:

1) typos/wrong information in the examples given;
2) typos/wrong information in the explanations given.

If something it's not clear, please don't hesitate to let me know. If I am
wrong about some of my remarks, sorry for this spam. As I said, I am learning
by doing.

Let's start with the files given as examples:

a) The "Example of LRD" at this page:
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Linguistic_Resources_Document (all the way down
the page) seems to be an example for creating English-Spanish dictionaries by
crossing English-Catalan and Catalan-Spanish. I couldn’t find (in trunk, at
least) any Catalan-Spanish but I don't know if the couple of language being in
trunk is something needed for the example to be efficient. For the rest:

1) at line 19 and at line 30, the cross model should be
"cross-model-en-ca-es.xml" instead of "cross-model-es-ca-en.xml"
2) I am not 100% sure here, but maybe the order of the morphological
dictionaries should be inverted, first the morphological dictionary for English
and then the one for Spanish
3) the bilingual dictionary starting from line 67 should be rewritten inverting
the order of the languages. Now it is like this:
         <property name="name" value="apertium-es-ca"/>
         <property name="type" value="bil"/>
         <property name="sl" value="es"/>
         <property name="tl" value="ca"/>
         <property name="for-crossing" value="yes"/>
         <property name="src" value="apertium-es-ca.es-ca.dix"/>
         <property name="version" value="stable"/>
but it should be
         <property name="name" value="apertium-ca-es"/>
         <property name="type" value="bil"/>
         <property name="sl" value="ca"/>
         <property name="tl" value="es"/>
         <property name="for-crossing" value="yes"/>
         <property name="src" value="apertium-ca-es.ca-es.dix"/>
         <property name="version" value="stable"/>

b) Let's consider now the example available here:
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Crossdics_Example for creating English-Galician
by crossing English-Spanish and Spanish-Galician (see the example of
en-es-gl-ling-resources.xml almost at the end of the page):

1) the morphological dictionary at line 38, should be
"apertium-en-es.es.metadix" and not "apertium-en-es.en.metadix"

As for the inconsistencies about the explanations given, I found the following
ones:

1) at the page http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Crossdics_Example in section "What
you need" and then "Dictionaries" there is a typo for the Morphological dix A:
now it's

Morphological A: apertium-en-es.en.dix
but I think it should be
Morphological A: apertium-en-es.es.dix
2) at the page http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Crossdics in section "Without a
linguistic resources document", the scheme for the dix is inverted. Now it's

  *   Bilingual dictionary A-B: apertium-bb-aa.bb-aa.dix
  *   Morphological dictionary A: apertium-bb-aa.aa.dix

but to be aligned to what it's written in other pages it should be

  *   Bilingual dictionary A-B: apertium-aa-bb.aa-bb.dix
  *   Morphological dictionary A: apertium-aa-bb.bb.dix

I thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Best regards,

Lorenza Russo