Hi Priyank,

thank you for your interest in the Apertium project.

The apertium-hin-pan's Makefile has been fixed since then. Now you can
compile and test it following instructions on page [1]:

apertium-hin-pan$ echo "दोस्त" | apertium -d . hin-pan_Arab-dgen
یار
apertium-hin-pan$  echo "दोस्त" | apertium -d . hin-pan_Guru-dgen

In apertium-hin-pan/texts/story.hin.txt there is a short story for
testing purposes.

If you choose to work on 1.4, a good idea is to work on
apertium-hin-pan's dictionaries and translation rules so that no *, @
and # [2] symbols remain in hin-pan's output for that text [3].

This is the coding challenge for that project.

Best,

Ilnar (selimcan)

[1] http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Install_language_data_by_compiling
[2]
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Meaning_of_symbols_*_@_and_dieze_after_a_translation
[3] cat texts/story.hin.txt | apertium -d . hin-pan_Guru-dgen AND/OR cat
texts/story.hin.txt | apertium -d . hin-pan_Arab-dgen

On 2/18/19 6:58 AM, Priyank Modi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Sorry for mailing outside the GSoc thread.
> I am really interested in working on 1.4(for hin-pan(Hindi-Punjabi)) if
> it's open. Could you please connect me to the POC for the language pair.
> If that's not available, could I work on 1.15? I want to get started
> right away, I have already gone through the wiki pages for both and just
> want to get connected to the mentor and access to the repository (for
> hin-pan, as the latest commit had a bug, I need to revert back to check
> the functioning)
>
> Thanks,
> Priyank Modi

GPG: 0xF3ED6A19