Hi all,
Here is my proposal for GSOC.

I am Mohit Raj, doing my post graduation (4th sem) in linguistics from Dr.
B.R. Ambedkar University , K.M.I, Agra.

My area of interest is Machine Translation and Natural Language Processing.
Previously i have completed courses on XML, Python programming, Language
Technologies and Machine Translation. I have worked towards the development
of parser for Magahi, in collaboration with my classmate Neerav Mathur, for
course projects. I took participation in following workshop :-

1. 9th IASNLP-2018: IIIT-Hyderabad Advanced School on Natural Language
Processing

2. SOIL-Tech: Towards Digital India at JNU, New Delhi

3. Hands on workshop on Statistical Machine Translation with Moses at
K.M.I, Agra

During the Machine Translation Workshop, Atul Kumar Ojha introduced us Rule
Based Machine Translation system Apertium and in this period he also
informed us about GSOC.

I am interested in working on English-Magahi language pair for Machine
Translation. Magahi belongs to Indo-Aryan language family and it is alos my
native language. I have been suggested that in Machine Translation,
Morphological Analyzer plays an important role in improving the system’s
performance for morphologically rich language like Magahi. So I am
interested in developing morph analyzer of Magahi.

So, please give your feedback, Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohit Raj