чт, 13 июн. 2019 г. в 20:54, Francis Tyers <fty...@prompsit.com>:

> El 2019-06-13 22:34, Danielle Rossetti Dos Santos escribió:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm working with the monolingual transfer rule learning code and have
> > a few questions:
> >
> > 1. I see some language pairs used to have a multi mode (such as in
> > this old version of eng-cat [1]). They also used to have "poly"
> > dictionaries (such as this one [2]). These files seem necessary for
> > the latest monolingual rule learning script I've found [3]. Why do
> > language pairs no longer have a multi mode or poly dictionaries?
>
> They are deprecated.
>
> > 2. Is there a script that can generate a poly dictionary from a
> > bilingual dictionary?
>
> Not really no, it is deprecated.

Multi modes seem to be an important step in the training of lexical
selection rules using monolingual corpora.  According to both of the
following pages, the mode is mandatory:
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Running_the_monolingual_rule_learning
and
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Generating_lexical-selection_rules_from_monolingual_corpora

Is there some way around this?  Alternatively, might it be appropriate to
restore (and de-deprecate) poly dictionaries and multi modes so that
lexical selection rules can be learned?  Or do you have some other
suggestion for how to proceed here?

--
Jonathan