Flammie A Pirinen <flam...@iki.fi> čálii:

>> 4. Weighting the monodix will take more compile time than just trimming it.
>
> Some numbers would be interesting, I think both are quite heavy and we
> don't do much further processing in finite-state algebra (/hfst space)
> so the weighted models won't blow up. In any case, people seem to be
> happy in 2020 to wait 70 hours for some neural stuff, few minutes for
> weighted automata won't be too bad ;-)

One of the main advantages of RBMT is we can quickly fix little things
and see the results nearly right away. When working on nno-nob I often
compile every few minutes. OTOH, nno-nob has good coverage, so I rarely
notice things like missing words causing disambiguation errors. So for
me, a noticable increase in compile time would be enough to make me not
use this.

But yes, we need numbers. It needs to be implemented and tried before
we can decide if it should be default.