"Bernard Chardonneau" <b...@tuxfamily.org>
čálii:

>  a solution could be to give both source code of Apertium tools
> ans source code of system libraries it uses. These libraries would be
> compiled with Apertium tools using them and object files stored outside
> /usr/lib . So, there would not be compatibility problems with other version
> of the same library in the distribution.

You can already do this – just like you could before Tino kindly
packaged things for us.

git clone https://github.com/apertium/lttoolbox
cd lttoolbox
./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/ap
make
make install

etc. for apertium-lex-tools, apertium, apertium-separable. For cg3, you
use
./cmake.sh -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/ap
instead of autogen.

I don't think apertium depends on a very new version of libxml, but
it's probably the impossiblest to compile the same way, just put it into
the same prefix. You'll have to put something like this in your bashrc:

PREFIX=$HOME/ap
PATH="${PREFIX}/bin:${PATH}"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${PREFIX}/lib"
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}:${PREFIX}/share/pkgconfig:${PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig"
ACLOCAL_PATH="${ACLOCAL_PATH}:${PREFIX}/share/aclocal"
export ACLOCAL_PATH PATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you ever need a newer C++ compiler, there are apt repos that do backports.

But I wouldn't recommend it – it'll probably take you more time than
just upgrading your OS once every three years.

(Another alternative would be something like Docker – you can run
a newer debian inside your old debian and apt install things.)