TL;DR: Put `export LT_JOBS=yes` in your bash profile for faster dix
compilation. You'll need the newest packages for this. My most commonly
run compilation now takes 60s instead of 90s.

Please try it out and report back if you find any bugs.

In more depth: The newest package of lttoolbox in nightlies
(3.6.3+g538~e7418efe-1~focal1 on my Ubuntu) has a feature for minimising
sections in parallel. Minimisation is the bottleneck of lt-comp, and
each section is independent, so this was trivial to parallelise.
However, most dix files have one big section and one tiny one so there's
not much to win. So by default lt-comp also creates a new section on the
fly after reading 50.000 entries. This can speed things up even without
adding CPU cores (minimisation gets non-linearly slower the larger the
transducer). You can tweak this with the environment variable
`LT_MAX_SECTION_ENTRIES`.

More info at
https://github.com/apertium/lttoolbox/pull/133
https://github.com/apertium/lttoolbox/pull/135