MUTH'S TRUTHS - Don Vito Harry Reid

MUTH'S TRUTHS
Don Vito Harry Reid
Recd from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

OK, just bear with me here and read the script from the following scene
which appeared at the opening of the "The Godfather" movie. The local
undertaker, Signore Bonasera, is asking Don Vito Corleone to avenge a brutal
sexual assault on Bonasera's daughter. We pick up the action there…

Bonasera: I'll give you anything you ask.

Don Corleone: We've known each other for many years but this is the first
time you've ever come to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the
last time you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my
wife is Godmother to your only child. But, let's be frank here. You never
wanted my friendship and you were afraid to be in my debt.
Bonasera: I didn't want to get into trouble.

Don Corleone: I understand. . . . But, now you come to me and you say 'Don
Corleone, give me justice.' But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer
friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come
into my home on the day my daughter's to be married and you ask me to do
murder for money.

Bonasera: I ask you for justice.

Don Corleone: That is not justice your daughter is still alive.
Bonasera: Let them suffer then. As she suffers. How much shall I pay you?
Don Corleone: Bonasera. Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you to treat
me so disrespectfully. If you had come to me in friendship then this scum
that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance
an honest man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my
enemies. And then, they would fear you.

Bonasera: Be my friend… Godfather. [kisses Don Corleone's ring]

Now read the following excerpt from a story by Molly Ball in today's Las
Vegas Review Journal on why and how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid turned
on soon-to-be former Rep. Jon Porter…

Asked about Porter, Reid made no bones about having sought to get rid of him
based on a personal grudge. The story he recounted amply illustrated how
Reid comes by his reputation for ruthlessness.

Once, Porter and Reid were friends. In the 1980s, when Porter was mayor of
Boulder City, he even hosted a fundraiser for Reid. In Reid's telling, the
two men had the same sort of agreement Reid now has with Sen. John Ensign,
R-Nev., wherein the two do not criticize each other.

According to Reid, that all changed one day in 2006.
"I always thought Jon Porter was my friend and would never do anything to
campaign against me," Reid said. "But I woke up one morning and read in the
newspaper that wasn't the case. He issued this scathing release, during the
Tom DeLay time — he never told me this, but I'm confident Tom DeLay must
have put him up to it. Well, that hurt our relationship."

The Jan. 6, 2006, news release came at a time when Democrats including Reid
were pointing to scandals surrounding DeLay, the indicted former House
majority leader, and convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff to decry a Republican
"culture of corruption."

Porter called such criticisms a "study in hypocrisy," adding, "Many of these
Democrats, including the very vocal Senate minority leader, have filled
their campaign coffers with contributions from Abramoff and his clients."

>From that point on, Reid no longer considered Porter a friend. Within days,
Reid approached his press secretary at the time, Tessa Hafen, and asked her
to run against Porter. Hafen lost a hard-fought campaign by a slim margin.

"I can truthfully say I would never have campaigned against him had he not
turned on me," Reid said of Porter. "I frankly talked to Tessa Hafen because
I felt wronged. Within a couple of days of that release, I talked to Tessa
and asked her if she'd be willing to run, and she said yes — well, she said
she'd think about it. I was surprised it was that easy.
"I don't take credit for his (Porter's) ouster," Reid said. "The only thing
I take credit for is that I stayed out of his races totally until he decided
he didn't want to be my friend. Friends don't do things like that."

I guess Porter should consider himself lucky that he didn't wake up one
morning with a bloody horse's head in his bed.

I'M MAD, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.

With ACORN, La Raza, and Ohio Dem officials sitting on 20,000 suspect voter
registrations and other Dept heads releasing Joe the Plumber's confidential
information, this has been an incredibly, uncreditable election.

Hope you didn't waste your time and gas to stand in line at one of their
polling places hoping the electoral system isn't a fraud.

Rich Martin

 APFN-1 YahooGroups:
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

APFN MSG BOARD:
`In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'
http://disc.server.com/Indices/234999.html

APFN CONTENTS PAGE:
http://www.apfn.org/old/apfncont.htm

"RADIO YOUR WAY" APFN POGO NETWORK ((  WOW!!  ))
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of
good conscience to remain silent"  -- Thomas Jefferson
http://www.apfn.net/POGO.HTM

Find elected officials, including the president, members of
Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
http://congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

APFN,
PMB 207, 6640 W. CACTUS RD. #A111, GLENDALE, AZ 85304