900 teachers just got laid off from the Los Angeles Unified School District .
They are
$650,000 over their annual budget.

      The following English teacher helps to explain one area that looms large
over
California 's educational crisis.

    This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet.

    This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent.

    From a California school teacher - - -

    "As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal
immigration, there
are some things that you should be aware of:
    I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large
southern
California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its
students
average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

    Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens ,
Huntington
Park , etc.. where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

    Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I
say free
breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and
cereal bar
with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food
is
monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten.
    (OUR TAX DOLLARS ATWORK)

    I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least
moderately
overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day
care centers
for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend
class without
the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch
their kids.
    (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

    I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for
the upcoming
year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already
substantial. I
ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which,
one month
later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who
obviously feel
humbled and grateful to have a free education in America .
    (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

    I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers
whose classes
consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less than 3
months who raised
so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas"(whores)and throwing
things,that
the teachers were in tears.

    Free medical, free education, free food, day care, etc, etc, etc. Is it any
wonder they
feel entitled not only to be in this country but to demand rights, privileges
and
entitlements?

    To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute
to our
society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay
less for
tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the
TRUE costs.

    Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more
crime, lower
standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc,
etc. For me,
I'll pay more for tomatoes.

    Americans, We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster
because we
won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think
they will
voluntarily leave and return?

    It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world culture
that does
not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of
school by 15
and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak
and worried
about"political correctness " that we don't have the will to do anything about
it.

    If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you
know
including your Congressmen and Senators.

    CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

    Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

    Consumers don't want expensive produce.

    Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

    But the bottom line is cheap labor The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a
farce, and a
lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

    Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes
a job for
$5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays noincome tax,
yet at the end
of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income
credit" of up to
$3,200 free.

    He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

    He qualifies for food stamps..

    He qualifies for free (no deductible), no co-pay) health care.

    His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

    He requires bilingual teachers and books.

    He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

    If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI.
    Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at
(our) taxpayer's
expense.

    He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners
insurance.

    Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

    He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in
benefits.

    Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying
their bills
AND his.

    The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash
clean-up.

    Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people!

    THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL
CANDIDATES FOR
EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD
REPLACE THEM AT
ONCE!'

    THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO
DOWN THE DRAIN
BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

-- This message has been checked by Computer Connections and is believed to be
clean.

--
APFN-1 YahooGroups:

APFN MSG BOARD:
`In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'
http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/149495.html

APFN CONTENTS PAGE:
http://www.apfn.org/old/apfncont.htm

APFN TWITTER
http://twitter.com/signup?follow=APFN1

Find elected officials, including the president, members of
Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
http://congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

SUPPORT APFN:
PMB 206, 7549 W. CACTUS RD. #104, PEORIA, AZ 85381