On 5/7/11 5:57 AM, Daniel Fisher wrote:
The LdapNetworkConnection class gets a singleton instance of
StandaloneLdapCodecService which starts Felix. I don't see any code
that shuts down that instance and it appears to block until that
happens. The following code illustrates what I'm seeing: (using
1.0.0-M3)

import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.*;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.*;

public class Test
{
   {
     LdapNetworkConnection lc = new LdapNetworkConnection();
     // uncomment to fix
     //StandaloneLdapCodecService cs =
     //  (StandaloneLdapCodecService) lc.getCodecService();
     //cs.shutdown();
   }
}

As is, the main method will block forever. If you uncomment the call
to shutdown(), main exits cleanly.

Are clients responsible for managing the LdapCodecService, have I miss
configured something, or is this a bug?

Definitively a bug.

Can you fill a jIRA? This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks !
--Daniel Fisher

--
Regards,