Thanks for the response, Stefan.

Christian, FTR, the LDAP API now requires java 7, and won't build with
Java 6, unless we revert numerous changes we have introduced (mainly
about the diamond <> operator being widely used in the code). I don't
mean it would be impossible, but it would be tedious... In any case,
that would be on you, we don't support anymore Java 6.

There are also other reasons, like the cryptography supported by Java 6
vs Java 7 (see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/enhancements-7.html)

Hope it helps

--