http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Establishing_Interprocess_Connections

> Sample code: - in the SDK installation, C++ examples using the
> com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver
>
> examples/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/CppBinding/office_connect.cxx
> examples/cpp/DocumentLoader/DocumentLoader.cxx
>
> - there is a C++ "connection aware client" in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/sdk-examples/trunk/cpp/cppbindings/ConnectionAwareClient/

or setting the UNO_PATH variable to specify exactly which office
should be used. In case of testing this should be used anyway.
Otherwise the default office on the system is used but probably not
wanted for the test.

The fix for the bootstrap problem is available.

Juergen