On 02/05/2015 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
My biggest concern is that the
extension manager 'catch' the published updates correctly with the
extension site.

Internally, this used to work this way (and probably still does): the Extensions site advertises the latest version of its extensions (like, it says, the latest version of hunspell.dictionary.english -this is a made-up identifier- is 2015.05.01); OpenOffice does the comparison and if it determines that the installed version is "older" then it proposed the update.

In short: if you install version 0.9, then you upload version 0.10, the Extensions site will advertise that the latest version is 0.10; but OpenOffice will consider 0.9 to be "newer" (comes later in alphabetical order) than 0.10 and won't ask you to update. Using a date-based schema solved all these issues for me. This is why I use and recommend it.

Regards,
  Andrea.