In this latest episode of PING, APNIC’s Chief Scientist, Geoff Huston, warns
the service provider industry about pressuring regulators to make content
providers’ pay to use their networks; a situation currently playing out in
Korea that we discussed in Episode 13: Korea vs Content Provider: When the
customer isn’t always right

Listen now

As he outlines in his recent post, Geoff forecasts the consequences of turning
our backs on net neutrality. It could jeopardize service providers’ current
hold on the provision market and Internet users’ access to sites like Netflix
and YouTube, increase the centrality of the Internet, and in some cases,
compromise the security of particular communication infrastructure in certain
economies.

Read more about net neutrality and centralization on the Internet on the APNIC
Blog:
Sender pays
Content vs carriage — who pays?
Opinion: Is big necessarily bad?
13 propositions on an Internet for a burning world (1-4)