On Aug 10, 2023, at 11:22 PM, Lu Heng <h...@anytimechinese.com> wrote:
> We (followed by a geographic region or ethnic group) are (better, capable,
> talented) compared to (rest of the world, other nations, etc).
>
> And this is exactly what me and my colleagues are fighting for here.

So, presumably, you and your colleagues are fighting to allow non-citizens to
vote in your respective national elections. A lofty goal.

> it was a mistake to have 5 RIR instead of one, it was mistake to concentrate
> all the powers to single individual for past 25 years, it was mistake to even
> start distinguish difference in race, ethnic, or location on the internet
> governance matters.

Quoting RFC 1366 (from 1992):

   The major reason to distribute the registration function is that the
   Internet serves a more diverse global population than it did at its
   inception.  This means that registries which are located in distinct
   geographic areas may be better able to serve the local community in
   terms of language and local customs.

Whether or not this decision made 30 years ago was a mistake is, of course, a
matter of opinion. However, as discussed in RFC 7020, section 5, the
methodology by which Internet numbers registry system should evolve is:

   Per the delineation of responsibility for Internet address policy
   issues specified in the IETF/IAB/ICANN MOU [RFC2860], discussions
   regarding the evolution of the Internet Numbers Registry System
   structure, policy, and processes are to take place within the ICANN
   framework and will respect ICANN's core values [ICANNBL].

I would suggest it likely that many view the activities and efforts of LARUS
and its associated entities as not particularly constructive in this regard.

Regards,
-drc