Gaurav,

On Jun 8, 2022, at 6:02 AM, Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kan...@nic.in> wrote:
> What karl and me are trying to say is why APNIC allowing the sale/purchase of
> IPs ?

My guess would be “because policy allows it and organizations want to buy/sell”.

> In the present scenario, it’s nearly impossible for small organisations to
> get the IPs (here IPs means v4) to start any service. And on the other hand,
> giants are buying the IPs and dominating the industry.

While I sympathize with the situation you’re in, if I understand correctly, for
a transfer to be recognized by APNIC, justified need must be demonstrated,
regardless of whether the organization is “small" or “giant”. If APNIC were to
(attempt to) disallow transfers and (somehow) force allocated but unused
address space to be returned to them, wouldn’t the “giant” organizations simply
obtain the address space though APNIC (at lower cost)?

> What stopping APNIC to immediately stop this sale/purchase stuff.

Ignoring the need to revise policy (since you didn’t want to hear about it),
there is always https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Canute_and_the_tide:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Canute_and_the_tide:> a market existed
prior to the RIRs accepting their existence.  If APINC were to attempt to
magically stop the market, I suspect the (“giant") folks who need address space
would find a way to get it and, in the process, reduce the relevance of APNIC.

Regards,
-drc