    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/989184

   Firefox 12's launcher script is not allowed in abstractions/ubuntu-browsers

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of AppArmor
Developers, which is the registrant for AppArmor.

Title:
  Evince cannot open external links with Firefox

Status in AppArmor Linux application security framework:
  New

Bug description:
  I could open weblinks from Evince using Firefox under Ubuntu 10.04
  since summer 2011 until today (2012-05-09), when I received
  "permission denied" the first time.
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingApparmor and /var/log/kern.log
  indicated a problem with AppArmor. Following
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+bug/605586, I found
  /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/ubuntu-browsers as of – I think it was
  2009, now that I changed it I cannot retrieve the former modification
  date, funny ... and there:

    # this should cover all firefox browsers and versions (including shiretoko
    # and abrowser)
    /usr/lib/firefox-*/firefox.sh PUx,

  Instead, I found /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh, and so essentially
  changed the last line into

      /usr/lib/firefox*/firefox.sh PUx,

  (just removing hyphen) which solved the problem.

  So this is more basic than #605586 in that exo-helper is not involved,
  while the latter bug report provided the idea that the problem is in
  ubuntu-browsers.

  The reason may have been that I called a major upgrade yesterday
  (2012-05-09) after many weeks. I took me to linux-generic 2.6.32.41.48
  and from Firefox 10.0.2 to Firefox 12.0 ...

  The same day (today), exactly the same problem with Evince and Firefox
  was reported by a different Ubuntu user in German:
  http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/evince-oeffnet-externe-links-nicht/