On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 04:17:39PM -0800, Tyler Hicks wrote:
> > Am I just overcomplicating things?
>
> No, it is a potentially valid use case but I'm trying to keep this
> interface simple so that most applications don't have to worry about
> bitwise operations of four permission masks that come from the kernel.
> It seems like overkill to me in most cases.

Getting the bitfiddling right in one place sounds like a good idea to
me, too :)

> Does the AA kernel code do any type of audit rate limiting like this?

I thought it had some rate limiting in place, but now all I see is some
debugging code:

#define AA_DEBUG(fmt, args...)                                          \
        do {                                                            \
                if (aa_g_debug && printk_ratelimit())                   \
                        printk(KERN_DEBUG "AppArmor: " fmt, ##args);    \
        } while (0)

#define AA_ERROR(fmt, args...)                                          \
        do {                                                            \
                if (printk_ratelimit())                                 \
                        printk(KERN_ERR "AppArmor: " fmt, ##args);      \
        } while (0)

Maybe I was thinking of the rsyslog-based rate-limiting.