On 06/28/2013 02:14 PM, azurIt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i'm having problems with audit rule modifier - it's just not working when
>>> used alone. I'm trying to enable only logging with this:
>>> audit /home/** a,
>>> audit /home/** w,
>> By only logging you mean logging of an access but not granting permission?
>

> I mean logging of an access AND granting permission.

ok, I just wanted to be sure as we have had misunderstandings before around
audit, with people expecting it to only change the auditing behavior and not
grant permissions.

ie. audit /** w,

as a rule to catch any writes regardless of what other rules are. It would be a
nice ability to have but the language doesn't allow specifying only the audit
behavior like this atm.

>>> It should work according to documentation (
>>> http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/QuickProfileLanguage#Rule_Modifiers )
>>> but it's doing nothing. I was able to enable logging only with this running
>>> in complain mode:
>>> audit deny /home/**/*.php a,
>>> audit deny /home/**/*.php w,
>>>
>> these two rules where necessary to get logging in complain mode?
>

> Well, i just read in docs that 'w' implies also 'a', so only the second line
> is necessary. But yes, i had to use 'audit deny' for logging to work (and, as
> i want to NOT deny the action, i had to use complain mode).

Okay

>>> Audit alone it not working. Is this a known bug? Thanks.
>>>
>> It is not known.
>>
>> Can you send us the full profile you are using?
>

> Here is the complete profile (i already removed that 'a' line and tested it):
>
> /usr/lib/apache2/mpm-itk/apache2 {
>         network,
>         capability,
>         file,
>         audit deny /home/**/*.php w,
> }
>

> As i said, i'm running this in complain mode because i don't want to deny the
> action on last line. I want to use apparmor only for logging access to files
> via PHP (i will be processing that log later).

Can you please provide the following information to help as diagnose the
problem.

Kernel version: use the command     uname -a
Parser version: use the command     apparmor_parser -v
State dump from the compiler:  use the command
  apparmor_parser -D dfa-states -QT profile_file 2>states_file

Compiled output of your profile: use either of the following commands
  apparmor_parser -S profile_file  > output_file
  apparmor_parser -o output_file profile_file

* the -o version may not work on older parsers.
* profile_name is the file name where your profile is stored
* states_file and out_file are just file that the output will be dumped in. So
that you can attach them

thanks