On 01/23/2014 03:42 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014 schrieb Steve Beattie:
>> It kind of points to a minor deficiency in aa_change_hatv()'s
>> interface, in that you know you successfully changed to hat or not,
>> but not which one.
>
> That sounds like we should find a way to change that ;-)
>
> Does aa_change_hatv internally know to which hat it switched?

yes it does

> If yes, I'd propose to add another function similar to aa_change_hatv
> that indicates the selected hat in its return value.
>
> (aa_change_hat(2) says the return value is zero on success, so changing
> the return code of the existing function isn't a real option.)

Its more of how the current interface to the kernel works. Basically
we get back either the size of bytes handled (success) or an error
code.

We could create a transactional system (whether fs, or network based) that
would require both a write and a read, but thats not really much different
than change_hat followed by getcon.

We could try to get an ioctl (I'm not thrilled with this), and we won't
get an apparmor specific syscall.

Another option I have already mentioned is overloading some of the error
code range, and having apparmor know about that, and remap them back
in a change_hat2 fn. I'm not thrilled with that one either but it might
work okay.