Hi intrigeri,

On 14-01-26 06:40 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>>> I'd like someone else than me to test my current profile (attached),
>>> before I ask for inclusion again. Simon, do you want to test it?
>
>> I'm not yet ready to move to Trusty/14.04 yet so I cannot test with
>> fresh packages. If/when I do, I'll post feedback.
>
> OK, I'm then going ahead and asking for the update of the Pidgin
> profile with the attached one. Reviews and comments are welcome!

So I went ahead and installed 14.04 and tried your profile. I made some
changes:

* removed abstractions/dconf (does not exist as you said)
* added ~/.config/dconf/user
* dropped /{,var/}run/ compat (not needed anymore I think)
* re-added ~/.config/indicators/ (my previous problem is corrected so
                                  the blacklisting behaviour is fine
                                  and depends on the libnotify plugin)
* added /run/user/[0-9]*/orcexec.* rw, (sound notifications again)

All those changes were tested and the resulting profile is available
here [1]. In Ubuntu 14.04, this profile generates a ptrace denial even
if the "deny capability sys_ptrace" should make that silent. Since that
seems like an Apparmor problem, I've reported it [2].

Regards,
Simon

1:
https://github.com/simondeziel/aa-profiles/blob/master/14.04/usr.bin.pidgin