On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 01:46:30PM -0800, Steve Beattie wrote:
> A slightly more invasive but conservative solution is to provide both
> versions (APPARMOR_1.1 and APPARMOR_3.0) of the aa_query_label()
> symbol. It requires the function name in kernel_interface.c to
> be renamed (similar to how the deprecated change_hat() symbol is
> named in the source as __change_hat()), otherwise linking fails
> with duplicated symbols. The default symbol used will still be the
> APPARMOR_3.0 version, but binaries linked with the APPARMOR_1.1 version
> would still continue to work unchanged. Keeping the (misleading)
> APPARMOR_3.0 version would prevent breaking anyone currently using
> a snapshot of trunk. This is the second patch attached.

I like this version better than the first version; it better reflects
reality, and we can't know all our potential downstream users. The fact
that you've already done the hard work for it makes it all the more
attractive.

I know it's too late to put an:

Acked-by: Seth Arnold <seth.arn...@canonical.com>

on the checkin, but I thought it'd be worth commenting that I like this
course of action all the same.

Thanks!