On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 04:43:57PM -0600, Tyler Hicks wrote:
> On 2015-12-17 23:02:59, Christian Boltz wrote:

> > > This syntax for unicode strings was introduced for Python 3 in version
> > > 3.3:
> > >
> > >   https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0414/
> > >
> > > That means that this change will prevent the test from being run on
> > > python3.2 in Ubuntu 12.04:
> >
> > Does 12.04 have AppArmor 2.10 or newer? I slightly doubt.
>
> No but we have a daily build PPA that builds trunk on all stable Ubuntu
> releases. I think he uses those builds for kicking off automated tests.
>
> Checking out the daily build PPA, I see that trunk no longer builds on
> 12.04:
>

> https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/+archive/ubuntu/apparmor-daily-trunk/+packages
>
> So, I think that's your green light to commit this patch.

trunk (and 2.10) still build on precise, see
https://launchpad.net/~apparmor-upload/+archive/ubuntu/apparmor-devel/+packages
(In order to even get to the point of being uploaded to that ppa, local
builds have to succeed first.)

That said, my local automated builds haven't historically run
'make check' on the utils/ directory due to the tests failing when
/etc/apparmor/ conf files didn't exist. Did that get addressed?

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeat...@ubuntu.com>