Hello,

Am Freitag, 19. Februar 2016, 16:12:23 CET schrieb Seth Arnold:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:17:40AM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > Therefore this patch wraps the serialize_profile_from_old_profile()
> > call in try/except. If it fails, the diff will include an error
> > message and recommend to use 'View Changes b/w (C)lean profiles'
> > instead, which is known to work.
>
> What does "b/w" mean? beziehungsweise?

between (no idea why it's shortened this way, I just copied the original
option name from aa-logprof to stay consistent)

> > Note: I know using an error message as 'newprofile' isn't an usual
> > way to display an error message, but I found it more intuitive than
> > displaying it as a warning (without $PAGER).

> > I propose this patch for trunk and 2.10
> > (2.9 "just" displays a wrong diff, but doesn't crash.)
>
> Well, uh, begrudging ack for trunk and 2.10. Not-crashing is better
> than crashing..

Indeed ;-)

I already wrote that the long-term solution is a complete rewrite of
serialize_profile_from_old_profile(), but that has to wait until we have
rule classes for everything.

> Acked-by: Seth Arnold <seth.arn...@canonical.com>

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<hendersj> I guess part of the question then becomes what the ultimate
           purpose of the board is. I've always been under the