Hello,

seth.arn...@canonical.com wrote:
> [...]

That sounds like a terribly old AppArmor version, but still,
mod_apparmor probably didn't change too much in the meantime.

BTW: You might want to steal ;-)
    /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/apache2-common
from a more recent AppArmor release. Note that you'll probably have to
remove the "signal" rules - I'd be surprised if apparmor_parser on SLE10
can handle them.

> There are a couple of things that could be done to help. An
> interactive learning mode could make the decision at request time, at
> the cost of blocking until ready. We could also allow adding some
> rules that would provide patterns for what kind of requests should map
> to which profiles, or if they should create a new custom learning
> profile.

Or you can do something simple and boring - create the hat manually in
the profile [1] (and reload the profile) before using it ;-)

That will stop the change_hat guessing and ensure everything gets logged
for the hat you want to use.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] actually I have a script to do that - but it's written in a way that
    _will_ break profiles if they don't match the whitespace it expects,
    so I won't publish it. If this still didn't scare you away, ask me
    off-list if you really want it ;-)

--
ein Auto "funktioniert"  auch mit eckigen Reifen, ob ich so etwas fahren
möchte ist wieder eine andere Frage. [Björn Meier in postfixbuch-users]