On 11/17/2017 12:57 PM, John Johansen wrote:
> On 11/17/2017 01:33 AM, Viacheslav Salnikov wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have a question about apparmor and its dependency from python.
>> I'm using it with Yocto, apparmor version is 2.11.0.
>>
>> Except*aa-easyprof*, does apparmor or its libraries and utilities use python
>> for something? I am talking not only about execution but also about
>> compilation, installing etc.
>>
> the very base of apparmor, parser, libraries, some basic tools aa-enabled,
> aa-exec do not use python, this allows for minimal installs with very few
> dependencies.

You should be able to build the library, parser, and binutils without
Python. Your build commands would look something like:

$ (cd libraries/libapparmor && ./autogen.sh && ./configure \
   && make && make check) && \
  (cd binutils && make && make check) && \
  (cd parser && make)

You won't be able to run `make check` in parser/ as some of the tests
depend on Python (and some Perl).

Tyler