On 5/27/19 12:08 PM, Ian wrote:

Does apparmor have the same problem as selinux where there are "security aware" programs that don't properly honor enforcement settings, or is this an inheritance problem that I'm not correctly addressing?

Adding "attach_disconnected" to the flags parameter of the init-systemd profile was required to get the system to fully boot.  I assume this was necessary because of the transition from initramfs, however the "ALLOWED" audit log entries really threw me there -- that and my ability to run lots of other commands without issue in that "emergency" mode didn't make this an obvious fix.

This initramfs transition is a tricky bit of business -- I assume I'll want to have a different profile for systemd for the chrooted system and that when the apparmor service starts, the profile will get replaced, however I thought that profile changes like this aren't seen by currently executing processes -- one has to restart the process for the change to take effect?  Then there's the timing of when journald and auditd starts.  Ideally I'd like to keep the full-permission profile I set up in inittamfs for systemd, but then somehow deny any type of inheritance once the AppArmor service starts.

Any advice on how to proceed? -- If it is true that all child processes will, by default, inherit the permissions from the init-systemd profile unless I add deny rules -- I'm back at square one with a blacklist setup.