Hello,

Am Freitag, 7. August 2020, 19:07:41 CEST schrieb Jonas Große Sundrup:
> I have one question left, when we're at it: If I do have conflicting
> directives, such as
>
>     /my/directory r,
>     /my/directory rw,
>
> which one takes precedence? the first, the last, the stricter or the
> broader?

They get added up - so in your example, you'll get rw.

As another example,

  /foo rwl,
  /foo wk,

will effectively give you   /foo rwlk,

> In case of nested I'd suspect that AppArmor will just nest the
> policies accordingly, no matter in which order they occur, right?

The rule order doesn't matter.

> On 2020-08-06, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > You could do some trickery with regexes. Annoying, but still better
> > than having to deny each and every file separately. Something like
> >
> >this:
> > deny owner @{HOME}/,  # deny directory listing of the home directory
> > deny owner @{HOME}/[^.]**,
> > deny owner @{HOME}/[^.][^m]**,
> > deny owner @{HOME}/[^.][^m][^o]**,
> > deny owner @{HOME}/[^.][^m][^o][^z]**,

Looking at this again, I noticed a bug - it needs to be

deny owner @{HOME}/[^.]**,
deny owner @{HOME}/.[^m]**,
deny owner @{HOME}/.m[^o]**,
deny owner @{HOME}/.mo[^z]**,

> I thank you kindly for the proposal, but I think I'll avoid this
> approach. ;)

Good decision ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<jdstrand> [after 4 bugreports] that should be all of them
<cboltz> well, at least until there's an openSUSE kernel with stacking