On 5/17/21 1:15 AM, mailinglis...@posteo.de wrote:
> I just discovered an apparmor error message in the logs and I have no
> clue when this first appeared....
>
> "apparmor.systemd (...) Cache: failed to add read only location
> '/usr/share/apparmor/cache', does not contain valid cache directory"

that warning message certainly could be improved, and maybe shouldn't even
be output at all in this instance. It indicates that in that location there
isn't a matching directory for the current kernel policy.

It can be supressed with
--warn=no-cache

> /usr/share/apparmor/cache/ actually does exist and contains a 1 year old
> subdirectory with profile files inside, as it seems.
>
> Is this something to worry about?

not unless you have reason to have a precompiled policy stored there and
expect to be using it. This doesn't even mean your system isn't caching
policy. AppArmor's cache consists of a top writable local layer and then
optional readonly layers. These readonly layers are good for shipping
policy precompiled or having some policy managed indirectly, but still
allowing local changes to override.

> Since this subdir in the cache is year old, I guess it´s safe to delete?

yes