Hi,

As far as I can tell, in the upstream code base, aa-notify was the
only thing that depended on the Perl bindings to libapparmor.
It's been ported to Python so that's not the case anymore.

With my Debian hat on, I can say that shipping the Perl bindings
(libapparmor-perl) makes some stuff more complicated, for example for
adding cross-building support. So I'm considering dropping them:
https://bugs.debian.org/993565

What would be the drawbacks of dropping the Perl bindings upstream?

Are we aware of code that uses them? In openSUSE tooling, perhaps?

Are we confident they'll keep working, even though we don't actively
use them upstream anymore?

If we want to drop them upstream, what would be a suitable deprecation
process and timeline? Would it be sufficient to announce this on this
mailing list and drop them in the next major release?

Cheers!