Table salt is "safe," but a box of it over a short time frame will kill
you. A man died in Germany (back in the 1980's) when he drank 20L of water
over a 24 hour period. In the early 1900's (1903 I think) Scientific
American magazine had an article stating how crazy driving an automobile
was, in that, "people were sitting on a bomb.." meaning the gas tank full
of gasoline.

The deeper problem is the erroneous concept of artificiality. Aristotle
referred to the false idea that scientific experiments can’t be valid
because they are “artificial,” that is, man made. His premise was that
humans are separate from nature. Could be he saw the Earth as natural and
humans as Gods.

The Christian doctrine also views man as an outsider, the evil beings that
screwed-up the Garden of Eden, an otherwise perfect place. I suspect these
premises are the basis of the environmental movement.

Everything man does is natural. Humans are natural to the earth, if humans
make GMO’s, then GMO’s are a natural outcome of the actions of a naturally
occurring animal that populates the earth. GMO’s are far safer than the
thousands of trillions of tons of poisons plants manufacture in the
“natural environment.” For the most part, the 100% natural is what we need
to avoid and change.