I tried ambrosia which was being grown at UNH Farm in NH  I held a tasting
and ambrosia came out on top! As I understand it the nursery in BC that dev'd
ambrosia took back the rights to this variety, wood not available on this
patented var.  I prefer holstein( a cox oranfe pippin sib) that gets a
reasonable
size fairly easy to grow and wonderful flavor. apple is 3" orange/ green with
pink blush, doesn't scab like some jap vars.  ambrosia is definitely worth
growing, higher flavored than  others dev'd recently. i prefer it to honeycrisp
by
far!