Hello Everyone!
Our orchard has a 7 acre block of tall spindle M9 Linda and Ruby Mac that are
also showing the same symptoms outlined in earlier posts.  This block will be
in its 3rd leaf and had a good crop in its 2nd leaf. Also affected, we have a 5
acre block of M9 Pioneer 4th leaf vertical axe and an acre test planting of
Hampshire/M9.  We have Cortland pollenizers in all the blocks they exhibit
absolutely no symptoms.

Our growing area in southwestern WI had an unusually cold October last fall
followed by a cold a snowy December.  The Linda/Ruby block and the Hamphires
suffered a bark splitting hail storm last July 27.

Allen Teach
Grower
Sunrise Orchards, Inc.
Gays Mills, WI