A picture of your fruit would be invaluable for diagnosis.

A plastic bag would probably accelerate the rot.  Most fungal diseases
are favored by wet conditions.  Isolate the fruit that are sound from
the ones showing symptoms.

Black rot (same as Diplodia) tends to be a shallow firm rot, sometimes
the spot has a wood grain banding effect

White rot (bot rot) tends to be a mushy rot taking over the whole fruit.

Bitter rot tends to have salmon colored spores and look like a wedge
when cut in cross section (i.e. extends to the core.  The individual
spots can take up to 10 to 20% of the surface of the fruit, but not
the whole fruit.

Blue mold rot tends to be mushy as well and may have a blue
sporulation with white fungal growth.  This can take over most of the
fruit

Bitter pit / corky spot is not a disease.

You can find pictures of all of these with your browser.

You can

--
Bill Shane
District Extension Educator