From: apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net
[mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net] On Behalf Of maurice tougas
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:38 PM
To: Apple-crop discussion list
Subject: Re: [apple-crop] Hedging tall spindle trees

Nick,

Yes, we've done some hedging as a trial. People are hedging at differing times,
in NY hedging is done by a couple of growers in August when branches "turn" or
drop under the weight of growing fruit.

We're trying several approaches as described a year ago or so here on Apple
crop and in French publication "Le Mur Fruitier".

You can do a site search of apple crop from the Virtual Orchard website to find
the discussion a year ago.

Best of luck,

Mo Tougas

2012/2/22 Nick Lucking
<n...@cannonvalleyorchard.com<mailto:n...@cannonvalleyorchard.com>>
Here's the link to the video that Mo Tougas took.  Thanks Mo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SNxztQr-80&feature=related

Nick Lucking
Cannon Valley Orchard

Maurice Tougas