Streptomycin is very stable when kept dry and away from light.  However, it
will break down in light.  If your zip-lock bag was clear plastic and located
on a windowsill, the product may have degraded at least to some extent.
Otherwise, it should be OK.

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:55 PM, Rye Hefley
<ducn...@yahoo.com<mailto:ducn...@yahoo.com>>
 wrote:

Hello,

I have a pouch left over that I purchased last year that was never opened.
There is no expiration date on the pouch.

I also have a pouch that I purchased and opened last year.  The unused powder
remained in the pouch in a zip-lock bag.  The only thing I could find is on the
label, "Keep tightly closed. Store at cool temperature when possible and with
minimum exposure to the atmosphere."  I have kept the zip-lock tightly closed
with minimum air inside.

Storage temperature for both (open/unopened) packages varied from about 60 - 85
degrees F.

I found this site:

http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G1921

that has some general guidelines for wettable powders:

"Moisture is the greatest factor affecting their storage, as it can cause
caking that may reduce the effectiveness of the pesticide. "

So that tells me as long as there is no caking both (open/unopened) should be
still good.  Is that true?

Your wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rye Hefley
So. Cal.

   Dave Rosenberger, Professor of Plant Pathology
      Cornell University's Hudson Valley Lab
      P.O. Box 727, Highland, NY 12528
          Office:  845-691-7231
          Fax:    845-691-2719