So far as I know, wind chill is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to plants
and other life forms that are not warm-blooded creatures.  Wind-chilll provides
an estimate of how we perceive the cold, but the measured temperature on the
thermometer is still  the temperature experienced by trees.  Winds can affect
plants by increasing desiccation, especially if winds persist over long periods
of time, but I don’t think a single night of very low wind chills will have
much impact on dormant trees.  With very cold nights and high winds, I suppose
there could eventually be some freeze-drying effects, but I don’t think I’ve
ever heard much about that kind of damage on trees?
Dave Rosenberger, Plant Pathologist,
Hudson Valley Lab, P.O. Box 727, Highland, NY 12528
    Cell:     845-594-3060

On Feb 13, 2016, at 9:53 PM, Arthur Kelly