Edward J. Sabol wrote:
It seems to me that both are desirable under different circumstances. Does it
make sense to add an option to configure.pl ("--die-if-prereqs-fail"?) which
controls this?
You would think this -- but no.

1) You have know it exists and remember to specify it.

of course you would say a smart sys admin or us would do
./configure --help first

but even if you do, you usually only look at the last page, unless you know
there is an option you have find the name of....

i.e. jpeg support for GD2.pm
[I happen to maintain its FreeBSD port, hence the example]

IMHO

Most of the people on apreq-dev@ are contributors, power users, or committers.
I believe we would want to target
those left out of this equation..... aka I just want to be able to use libapreq2 to retrieve query paramters instead of CGI under mod_perl.

--
END
                Nothing is impossible.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198
Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
  http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
       http://www.liquidation.com
       http://www.uksurplus.com