HI John,

(aqm chair hat off, and accecn author hat on)

>> * For TCP apps, the stack will use 'DCTCP' (we've tweaked it), if the
>> ends negotiate ECN with the accurate feedback capability.
>
>    Have we settled on "accurate feedback" already? I thought that was
> still under discussion. (I don't follow exactly what it adds...)

The current requirements draft give a concise list of what benefits it should
bring.

There is also the (individual) draft on the TCP ECN modifications, that try to
deliver these benefits within the confines of the TCP header without requiring
additional bits.

The main issue with traditional ECN/TCP is, that you only get one bit of
information per RTT (delivered over N segments sent in an RTT), thus the extent
of congestion (number of CE marks per this flows RTT), and the fine-grained
sequencing of the marks is lost.

AccECN aims to deliver these two signals to the sender - but what the sender is
then doing exactly with this much more detailed information is out of scope for
the AccECN drafts so far.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn

( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option )

Any feedback on these drafts during the TCPM session is appreciated.

Richard Scheffenegger