> Gorry,

And just on this...

>> > a) Congestion collapse: An AQM cannot prevent congestion collapse -
>> > that is the job of congestion control and, failing that, of policing.
>> > Even isolation (e.g. flow separation) doesn't prevent congestion
>> > collapse, because collapse is caused by the load from new flow
>> > arrivals exceeding the ability of the system to serve and clear load
>> > from existing flows, most likely because many existing flows are not
>> > sufficiently responsive to congestion, so retransmissions dominate
>> > over goodput (even if each unresponsive flow is in an isolated silo).
>> > Flow separation doesn't help when the problem is too many flows.
>> >
>>That would seem OK to call-out, at least to me.
>
> My concern is that it's wrong to introduce a doc with a description
> of a problem that we're not addressing in the body of the doc (even
> tho collapse is an important problem, AQM doesn't address it, so why
> is it even relevant at all?). E.g. we could also add world hunger to
> the introduction, but it wouldn't be relevant.

So, we will find some way on this topic - the current editors did not
start this...  the document we update uses this language and I think in
the update it needs to be confined to the early sections, possibly with
your text on why there is not mention elsewhere.

We look forward to the detailed comments.

Gorry