On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Bob Briscoe <i...@bobbriscoe.net> wrote:

> AQM Chairs, list,
>
> My co-authors and I have just posted a draft spec of the DualQ Coupled AQM we
> presented and demonstrated in Prague under the title "Data Centre to the
> Home" (see announcement quoted below).
>
> Invitation to reimplement / bash
> We are not asking for adoption right now. But we would be happy if others
> tried to reimplement it using our description and to test it independently.
> We are trying to get approval from employers to release it as open source,
> but you will see that the pseudocode is only 15 lines, so it should not be
> hard to reimplement. The queuing latency is even smaller
>
> The draft refers out to our 'under-submission' DCttH paper reporting a
> selection of the thousands of experiments we did ourselves. We are preparing
> a tech report to record the rest.
>
> Changes
> The algo is unchanged, but hopefully the explanation is a considerable
> improvement on the unofficial draft I had posted on my personal Web site
> during the Prague meeting ('cos I missed the deadline by a minute). To save
> you time if you read that one, here's the diff.
>
> Thanks to Anil Agarwal for all the help in making the pseudocode explanation
> understandable - previously we had described pseudocode of the code optimised
> for the Linux kernel, whereas now we describe pseudocode "optimised for
> explanation", then explain how it was designed to be optimised for integer
> arithmetic etc.
>
> We have also added three optional approaches for overload handling (chosen by
> policy), to ensure the priority queue does not make the Classic queue suffer
> more than it would have if there had been just one FIFO.
>
> Cheers
Interesting work. Do the queues share the same memory pool?

I hypothesize that with current ECN deployment, the bad (reno) guy
will take up C_Q. What happens when the nice guy (dctcp) knocks the
door when the house is full? the strict priority policy in the doc
isn't clear about which butt to boot ...