On Fri, 9 Oct 2015, Joe Touch wrote:

On 10/9/2015 11:48 AM, David Lang wrote:
I.e., there are a lot of things there for a reason. Yes, nothing is
immutable, but simply claiming "I need it now" and "nobody has
complained" isn't considered a reasonable way to deploy changes in the
wild.

similarly, it's not right to assume that the conditions haven't changed.

In this case, we have a changed situation. The ACKs are _not_ going to
flow at their 'natural' rate. That assumption has already failed. What
we are discussion is the impact of these changes in the face of this
broken assumption.

Discuss first, deploy later.

Rough Concensus and Working Code

How can you tell if it actually works if you don't try it :-)

David Lang