Hello all,

I am Rasool Al-Saadi, a PhD student at Centre for Advanced Internet
Architectures - Swinburne University of Technology. I and my supervisor
Grenville Armitage are implementing CoDel (and eventually PIE, FQ_CoDel and
FQ_PIE) in FreeBSD targeting ipfw/dummynet framework as a small project funded
by Comcast Corporation, USA.

We used CoDel I-D (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/) as
the main source to implement CoDel and we believe that the information in the
latest draft (draft-ietf-aqm-codel-02) sufficient and the pseudo-code is
straightforward to create functional CoDel code. However, we have some
questions/confusion regarding CoDel I-D:

1- There is little confusion in the text. In section 3.3, the text says "...
the initial drop spacing SHOULD be set to the estimator's interval plus twice
the target (i.e., initial drop spacing = 1.1 * interval) ...", while in section
4.1, the text says "As discussed in section 3.3, the initial next drop spacing
is intended to be long enough to give the endpoints time to react to the single
drop so SHOULD be set to a value of 1.0 to 1.1 times the interval."

2- In section 3.2 and 4.4, the text says the ideal setpoint is 5-10% of the
interval (connection RTT). So, should we allow the user to specify the target
value as a percentage of the interval or an absolute value?

Regards,
Rasool