On 4/18/16 4:29 AM, Rasool Al-Saadi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to announce that we (myself and Grenville Armitage) released
> Dummynet AQM v0.2, which is an independent implementation of CoDel, FQ-CoDel
> PIE and FQ-PIE* for FreeBSD's ipfw/dummynet framework, based on the IETF
> CoDel [1], FQ-CoDel [2] and PIE [3] Internet-Drafts.
>
> * "FlowQueue-PIE" (FQ-PIE) implementation combines FQ-CoDel's FlowQueuing
> with PIE's individual queue management.
>
> In addition to PIE and FQ-PIE, this version includes bugs fixing and
> improvements to CoDel and FQ-CoDel code.

thx for addressing nearly all my comments on v0.1!

> We prepared patches for FreeBSD11-CURRENT-r297692  and FreeBSD 10.x-RELEASE
> (10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3), and a technical report  of our implementation.

Rasool: Can you suggest to this guy that he try a "quantum 300" for his
600kbit uplink? I totally agree with his use of a smaller IW, also.

https://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-net%40freebsd.org/msg51463.html

As for his headaches with pppoe and other sorts of odd (e.g. DSL/ATM)
framing, it's a real headache with soft shaping. HTB has infrastructure
(in linux) to handle it properly, as does cake, but it's a PITA.

Can this code be configured to run at physical line rates (10Mbit, 100,
1GigE), without a shaper? What is the effect? (BQL was needed for linux
here)