On 6/20/16 12:46 PM, Mirja Kühlewind wrote:
> Hi Dave, hi all,
>
>> Am 02.06.2016 um 18:54 schrieb Dave Täht <d...@taht.net>:
>>
>> My own desire is to see more link layers - wifi, 5g, 6lowpan, homeplug,
>> especially, explored with more implementations. There is also new stuff
>> like threads, wifi direct/p2p, and this new ieee effort,
>> http://standards.ieee.org/develop/corpchan/sfocus/index.html#std1c
>>
>> These are the growth nodes of the internet today, with special problems
>> (non-duplex shared media with exponential backoff, handoff issues for
>> mobility, packet aggregation (wifi, 5g), offloads (ethernet), that are
>> only partially addressed by the aqm/fq technologies developed to date.
>>
>> To me this also requires tighter interfacing with the IEEE especially on
>> new stuff like 802.11ad0, as well as 3gpp (5g)
>
> For me aqm that focuses on wireless networks is also an interesting topic
> where a lot of work is going on.

Where?

>The question is are people interested to bring this work to the IETF (writing
>drafts)

I think my points were more that the existing ietf work needed to be
successfully exported. Somehow.

>and is there enough energy in this group to finalize the work?

Not me. I long ago ran out of funding to work on standards.

Even if I had funding levels equal to the commitment, my energy and
enthusiasm for any new paperwork is at a low ebb. I would much rather
rejoin the vibrant dynamics of the open source world where the time
difference between an idea and an implementation is merely a long
sleepless weekend.

If ever again I stumble across a techno-logic advance worth bringing
in front of the ietf, I will do my best to sucker someone else into
doing so. ;)